Wednesday, June 15, 2011

This is going in the blog.

Flashback time. Ready?

Picture it: Fall of 2007. I'm flitting about in Europe, enjoying that college experience known as "study abroad." Whenever anything interesting happens, such as: a pigeon dying in the window of our apartment, the woman upstairs yelling at us for cooking too many onions, or the natives singing "Knockin' on Heaven's Door," either my roommates or myself would exclaim "This is going in the journal!"

Well friends, I think it's time to bring back that phrase.

I used it most recently when on a jog with my friend Caitlin. What's that, you say? You didn't know I could jog? I can't, really. It's very new. I'm somewhat of a jogging special ed case, but Caitlin found a "couch potato to 5K" program and I'm tagging along with her. Monday was my first time trying it (she's already on week 3), but I kept up okay, and plan on continuing. We'll see! Someone made podcasts which correspond to the program, so she listens to it and it tells us when to run and when to walk. There's a lot of timing involved. We're clearly incredibly sporty, and when we were doing so well "this is going in the blog!" just came out. And here it is, in the blog.

I've been super busy lately. German is owning my life, but that's okay. I'm still not a huge fan of the class, but if it means I pass out of a requirement, I can deal. On Tuesday, one of my classmates pointed out that we're already 1/3 of the way through the course. Imagine that! One-third. 33.33%.

I watched Garreth and Lauren's dog Dodger last weekend. We were pretty much obsessed with each other and we snuggled every night. After they returned, I had to go back to sleeping alone. I missed having a little fluff ball squished up against my side! She'd go to sleep at the foot of the bed, and then she'd wake up face to face with me. She's a mobile sleeper. One morning she really had to go out, and she sat next to my face and pawed at my shoulder. It was basically the cutest thing that's ever happened in my life.



In other news, the sunset over lake Mendota was RIDICULOUS last Saturday night. I drove around a little bit so that I could park and take these pictures. I looked like a crazy person, dashing to and fro in James Madison Park, but whatever. It was totally worth it.

 

I have Jingle Bells stuck in my head now. Dashing to and fro, dashing through the snow... 
Similar.

I could really go for one of these.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment